With an intensifying focus on environmental impacts, our clients rely on us to provide strategic advice in this ever evolving area of law.
We help clients to navigate the minefield of new laws and regulation, avoiding time consuming and costly conflicts.
A large proportion of our practice is concentrated on planning and environment issues as a result of our capability in the area.
With more than 30 years’ experience advising in this realm, our P&E senior lawyer Leeanne Bou-Samra comprehensively understands the complexities of the construction, property development and infrastructure industries. She applies this knowledge to provide timely and practical solutions, delivering the best commercial outcomes for clients.
Since its inception, MBS has been a leading legal adviser on North Queensland’s planning, construction and infrastructure projects and disputes.
MBS provides timely advice throughout the property development lifecycle dealing with all matters – small to complex, multi-stage, multi-use, and multi-million dollar projects. Working closely with leading consultants in fields including engineering, environmental science, visual amenity and planning.
Our service includes;
- The planning process in Queensland (including planning approvals, appeals, tribunals and dispute resolution)
- Site acquisition and environmental due diligence
- Heritage matters
- Infrastructure agreements and developer contributions
- Regulatory compliance, enforcement and prosecutions
- Commonwealth environmental advice and approvals
- Compulsory acquisition, valuation and compensation
- Probity audits
- All associated litigation
Please contact us now to speak with Leeanne Bou-Samra
Strategic advantage of a regional specialist
If your legal matter arises in regional Queensland there are several significant reasons why a regional lawyer is a smarter choice over a metropolitan-based lawyer:
- Regional environmental and planning issues are closely aligned – large city issues are different
- MBS is experienced in dealing with regional councils
- MBS is an expert in Queensland planning and environmental law
- Regional expertise enables fast turn-around of issues with very good outcomes
- Prompt attention and personalised service with MBS
- With modern technologies MBS seamlessly delivers legal services to clients in postcodes throughout Queensland
Geographical areas and towns covered by our planning and environmental law practice include, but are not limited to:
Queensland, Central Queensland, North Queensland, Far North Queensland, Northern Territory, Gulf Country, Cape York Peninsula, The Atherton Tablelands, Atherton, Blackwater, Bowen, Cairns, Charters Towers, Clermont, Collinsville, Cooktown, Dysart, Emerald, Gladstone, Ingham, Innisfail, Longreach, Mackay, Mareeba, Middlemount, Moranbah, Moura, Mt Isa, Port Douglas, Proserpine, Rockhampton, Tieri, Townsville, Tully, Weipa.